Wednesday, February 10, begins the season of Lent. Lent is a 40 (technically 46) day journey that begins on Ash Wednesday and concludes the day before Easter. Lent serves to help us spiritually prepare for Easter, where we celebrate that death has been defeated through Jesus Christ’s life, death, and resurrection. Maybe some of you grew up in a church where you “gave something up for Lent,” or maybe you have practiced fasting in the past. (Here is a good guide for Christian fasting through Lent.)
Our mission at the918.org is to be radically helpful to the people of Tulsa. As a faith-based community, we believe that God is at work in Tulsa, and we need God’s strength and wisdom to make the most meaningful difference in our community. From the homeless community to social workers to families struggling with substance abuse, there are so many needs in our community. What would happen if each day, we prayed for an area of need in Tulsa?
We want to invite you to join us in prayer during the next 40 days. Simply put, we invite you to join the people of Tulsa in praying for other Tulsans everyday at 9:18 am or pm. Here is what we want you to do.
1. Subscribe to our email list (this is different than subscribing to our articles, and your information will not be shared).
2. Share this post and invite your friends to join.
3. Receive the weekly prayer list email every Wednesday.
4. Set your phone alarm for 9:18 every day and follow the email prompt to pray for the day.
5. If the Holy Spirit prompts you to get more involved in a particular area we share in the prayer list, follow up with one of the organizations that we’ll be including for you or email us at email@example.com.