Welcome to a new feature here at the918.org. 9 to 18 Favorite. Different contributors will share a list of things totaling anywhere from 9 to 18. It may be places, events, or things that are their favorite in a category. Have a list of 9 to 18 that you want to share? Email it to our lead contributor Aaron Tiger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here are Carol Sokolsky’s 9 to 18 favorite inspirational quotes.
Anytime I read something that stabs me awake, I write it down on a 3X5 card. I keep them in a little box next to the chair in my room, and I review them often. These cards keep me grounded, focused, and remind me that I’m not nearly as important as I sometimes imagine in my mind! I’ve done this practice for years, and I intend to do so until there is no more time…
So, for the first time, I’m sharing some of my favorite life quotes with the disclaimer that none are original! Forgive me if I can’t give credit to every author, just know that each is special to me and reminds me of an important time in my life.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- God in charge, no matter what happens next. (#First5)
- People become what we encourage them to be. (#GirlfriendsinGod)
- Stress can suffocate our souls like wearing an impermeable mask and a straight jacket of self-defeat.
- Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become habits. Watch your habits for they become your character. Watch your character for it becomes your destiny. (Margaret Thatcher)
- Most of the situations that entangle your mind are not today’s concerns; you have borrowed them from tomorrow. (Jesus Calling)
- Blessings are the moments when you’re lost in a crowd and suddenly lock eyes with God.
- Sometimes, life’s best stories are written in the middle of the mess. (@MIcheleCushatt)
- Peace has no place where fear and worry thrive.
- Even though I don’t fully have a mended heart yet, my heart is mending. (@SuzanneEller)
- Don’t hide because you feel you made a mistake. Willingly walk into His presence and give Him all of you. He’ll meet you there.
- Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit- you choose. (Proverbs 18:21)
- Lord, I praise you before the battle so we can celebrate after the victory. (#First5)
- Our level of faith determines our response to God- especially in hard places. (#First5)
Carol Sokolsky is a newcomer to Tulsa. She relocated from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in October, 2014 after retiring from FedEx Services, Global Account Management. She spent most of her 33 FedEx years as a road warrior, leading a large global management team and serving one global customer for over 20 years. Her passion for blogging began in 2010 as she launched a two-year blog that chronicled the journey of her husband’s valiant fight with cancer and ultimately the end of his journey. Her blog became a book, “Sid’s Journey”. She continues to journal daily on just about everything!